It’s a bit drizzly today. Not quite raining, but gloomy enough that it can pass as rainy.
I was about to start writing this blog post (very early, I know!), but before I did I put my music on shuffle. The first song that came on fit the weather perfectly, so now I’m motivated to make a rainy-day-playlist.
It’s been a while since I’ve made a playlist; I’ve missed it! So here we go. Ten songs for a rainy day.
- Hang me Out to Dry (Cold War Kids)
After listening to one of their songs, I can’t stop listening to a lot of them.
- Love You Crazy (Mikky Ekko)
Recently discovered = recently loved.
- Across the Universe (Mosaic MSC)
I can’t get enough of this band.
- Joanne (Lady Gaga)
It’s such a different style to her usual stuff, I’m in love.
- Crows and Locusts (Brooke Fraser)
This song is so hauntingly beautiful.
- The Goodbye Song (Cast of ‘Smash’)
One of my favourites from the show.
- Sure (Handsome and Gretel)
Once you get past their band name, nothing will stop you from listening to this.
- Abigail’s Song (Murray Gold & BBC National Orchestra of Wales)
Repetitive yet effective.
- You’ll Come (Hillsong Worship)
“Spirit rain” get it!?
- Know Me Well (Roo Panes)
Once a favourite, always a favourite.
This day will probably become hot and gross, but until then, enjoy!