Chai tea is the best kind of tea (it’s up there with Australian Afternoon). Here are my reasons why:
- It’s Christmas in a cup.
- It’s adaptable. It’s good to drink in both hot and cold weather.
- It’s versatile. I can drink chai when I’m studying, when I’m relaxing, when I’m running late, when I’m running early, when it’s morning, when it’s night.
- It makes you sound fancy without being too fancy.
- Everyone knows what chai is, so you never need to explain your choice. Everyone just nods (some with distaste, but hey, you can’t please everyone).
- You can treat-yo-self without going overboard. Yesterday I sat down at a café, ordered a chai tea alongside a (massive) ham and cheese croissant, and it was really very nice much needed time by myself. I think I’ll become ‘that’ person, who studies in cafes but only ever orders drinks. (Hey, I can pretend that the croissant thing was a one off, right?) (But in all seriousness, it really fed my spirit as well as my body. Groovy, huh.)
- It smells like Heaven on earth.
Chai. Chai chai chai. Now I want one. Maybe I’ll go and buy another fifty.
Enjoy your tea, campers,