Making scrambled eggs was the first ‘proper’ thing I learnt to cook on my own, without my mum hanging around for when I would go ‘euargh!’ and she had to step in and save me (which I fully appreciated).
I never liked the thought of cooking eggs, because I had this preconceived idea that they were really difficult to make, and easy to go wrong. But when I found out how to do scrambled eggs, it was honestly one of the easiest things I’ve ever done. So if you’re not confident in the kitchen, I’m confident you can do this. It only takes 10-15 minutes, and fills you up.
You will need:
A dollop of cream OR a touch of milk (trust me, these are technical terms)
2 eggs (this is the amount I have, but you might want more/less)
1 small saucepan
Salt and pepper as desired
1) Put the eggs and cream/milk into a bowl and mix with a fork until the mixture is one consistency and colour, making sure all the yolk is broken up and runny.
2) Put stove on high.
3) Place mixture into saucepan and start stirring with a wooden spoon. You will need to be continuously stirring the mixture so it doesn’t burn on the bottom of the saucepan.
4) Put in however much salt and pepper you want; I always put in slightly less than I’ll want, just in case, and then if I want more I’ll add some once I’ve tried it.
5) Once the eggs have started to come together, turn down the heat so it’s medium/low.
6) Continuously stir, making sure you’re scraping the bottom and the sides of the saucepan, because otherwise the egg will stick, and that’s no fun scrubbing off.
7) Once the mixture has actually turned into what looks like scrambled eggs, you can choose, depending on how you like them, whether to take it off the stove or not. I like mine slightly runnier than other people, but if you keep it on the heat for two more minutes, they’ll cook even more and be less gooey.
8) Turn the oven off, and serve, either on its own or with something like toast or bacon.
Now that you can make some pretty amazing scrambled eggs, you can make it for all your friends and they will all be impressed. Rock it!